- Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue
- The Paramount, a Coast Hotel
- W Seattle
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Convention Center/Pike Street
- The Roosevelt, a Coast Hotel
- Silver Cloud Hotel Broadway
- Hilton Seattle
- Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- The Westin Seattle
We’re getting married at the SUPER COOL Urban Light Studios in Greenwood, which is a neighborhood just North of Seattle.
Things to do in Seattle
Seattle is full of amazing things to see and do, so we definitely recommend staying for a few days before or after the wedding. Here’s a short list of things we like to show people who come to town.
Our favorite places to eat
- Art of the Table – Supper club style restaurant in Wallingford. Local food, lots of context. We like context. Good for dinner.
- Glo’s – Best breakfast in Seattle, hands down. The eggs benedict and corned beef hash are the best we’ve ever had. Seriously. Get here early, though (before 10AM) or you’re going to have a bit of a wait.
- Cafe Presse – Another great Seattle breakfast place in Capitol Hill. Rustic French foods.
- The Tin Table – Excellent food at completely reasonable prices. Nice ambiance, situated in the Oddfellows Building in Capitol Hill. Good for dinner.
- Oddfellows Cafe – right below the Tin Table, this place has communal seating, excellent natural light from the windows and is an awesome spot for lunch.
- Quinn’s – Gastropub specializing in beer, whiskey and a variety of braised meats.
- Staple & Fancy – A new restaurant from Ethan Stowell, located in Ballard. Order the chef’s tasting menu, and you won’t be disappointed. Kinda Italian/American-ish.
Generic Seattle Touristy Things
These are all completely reasonable things to want to see in Seattle. If you haven’t seen them, maybe you should.
- See the Space Needle
- Walk Pike Place Market and mingle with about a billion other tourists
- Walk along the Seattle Waterfront
- Visit the octopus at the Seattle Aquarium
Not-So-Generic Seattle Touristy Things
Things we like to do, or places we like to show visitors to get a different Seattle experience.
- Take a picnic and go fly a kite at Gasworks Park
- See a movie at Central Cinema
- Shop for local meats and cheese at Melrose Market, then pop into Sonic Boom Records next door for some vinyl
- Buy some tacos from Rancho Bravo or ice cream from Molly Moon‘s and sit on the grass in Cal Anderson Park
- Do a walking Fremont art tour. Take a photo of yourself with the Fremont Troll.
- Check out the Woodland Park Zoo. They have red pandas and baby ocelot kittens!
- See a concert at The Triple Door
- Take the Seattle Underground Tour in Pioneer Square
- Go walk down Broadway to gawk at all the hipsters
- Take a tour of the Theo Chocolate Factory
- Check out the Fantagraphics bookstore in Georgetown